Winning a poker tournament and learning Japanese…my goals for 2019
Hi, I’m Fedor Holz.
I’m 25 years old, born in Germany and living in Vienna for the past 6 years. I started playing poker quite a few years ago in a home game with friends, playing 1c/2c (…and losing ;-)).
I made it to #1 poker player online and live in 2015 and 2016 and now focus on playing the highest stakes in live poker around the globe, as well as building a physical space and community of ambitious creatives and entrepreneurs.
Around the new year I’ve taken time in the mountains to reflect on my past year and think about my next months and year to come and how I’ll prioritize my time.
I came up with various things that I enjoyed in 2018 that I’d like to dig deeper into or things that I want to stop because they drained my energy and sometimes even totally new things that I’m interested in trying out.
Things that I want to focus on or do in 2019 in no particular order:
– launch a large space to gather ambitious creatives in Vienna
– continue building a team that I can trust and create big things with
– win a big poker tournament (or: get lucky)
– consult my investments
– do my morning routine every day (movement, meditation, cold shower, preparation for the day)
– do a silence retreat
– collaborate with a top chef to create healthy food options
– track my health scientifically
– gather a network of experts in a variety of areas that I can consult
– do regular workouts, be pain-free and have full range of motion
– be centered
– be vulnerable in relationships
– communicate honestly
– call my friends and family more often
– visit my family regularly
– become a great speaker (do a TED-talk)
– learn a different language every second day (Japanese till May)
– reflect regularly by myself
– work with a therapist regularly
– work with Elliot weekly
– give one day only for others
– setup my AI-fund for success and raise >10M
– don’t do only money-focused investments
– travel to Japan
– travel to Moskau
– travel to Ottawa and visit friends
– launch top-tier poker content 😉
– create a unique boat trip with amazing people
– play football regularly
– go hiking regularly
– go snowboarding at least once
This gives you a good overview of some things that will be important for me this year and maybe this gives you some inspiration for your own journey…
Hi guys, welcome to my team partypoker blog where I’ll be talking about poker and what’s going on in my life. Let me know if there’s anything in particular you would like me to write about and i’ll do my best.